Due to an upcoming departure, we are on the hunt for an accounts payable officer to join our team in this fast paced role.
Voyager Internet is a leading New Zealand provider of home and business internet and communication services. Our services are used by more than 50,000 customers across New Zealand and our product portfolio includes broadband, VoIP and Cloud PBX, domain names, email hosting and cloud servers.
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual to join the finance team, based in Auckland. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you’ll be able to have influence over the full AP function across the business.
- Responsible for credit card and expense claim management, reconciliations and reporting
- Manage the accounts payable process end-to-end – on-time and in compliance with company policies
- Payment runs – timely processing, reconciliation and action of weekly, monthly and ad hoc payment runs as required
- Reconciliation of supplier statements with AP system
- Handle and resolve queries – timely review and settlement of any credits or documents with issues in the Accounts Payable Ledger
- Prepare and pay dealer commissions
- Comply with established standard accounting practices and procedures
- Assist with internal and external audits to meet auditing requirements
To be successful in the role you will need the following:
- A fantastic attitude and drive to excel and meet deadlines. You will have top-notch communication skills and will be comfortable liaising with colleagues from all departments. You’ll be ready to challenge the status quo with a drive to deeply understand Voyager’s business.
- Minimum qualification of NCEA Level 3, or equivalent
- 2 years+ experience in an accounts payable role (or similar)
- Experience with accounting information systems
- A working understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Commitment to the Voyager values; Always do your best, Find ways to show people you care, Do the right thing
Why Join Us?
We’re growing fast. Awarded NZ’s fastest growing company in 2014, we’re now a team of over 90 Voyagers based in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
We have an appetite for new technology and innovation (why else would we have robots in our office?) and take pride in our great company culture, supported by regular social events. To ensure our staff reap the benefits of our fantastic products, their home internet connections are provided free!
How to Apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a growing NZ brand, taking on the incumbents. If you’re excited by the idea of joining us on our voyage, we’d love to hear from you.
Click the “Apply Now” button to send us your CV and covering letter.
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
No agencies please