- Great Team Culture
- Growing Business
- Subsidised Home Internet Services
Voyager is seeking a dedicated and motivated helpdesk professional to join our team. You will be primarily supporting the residential customer base from our Wellington helpdesk.
Voyager is a leading New Zealand provider of residential and business internet services including high speed internet access and VoIP, cloud hosting, domain names, email, websites and servers, and we have a customer base of over 30,000 Residential and Business customers.
The Voyager helpdesk isn’t your ordinary helpdesk. We pride ourselves on being able to resolve complex issues, while retaining overall ownership and accountability and working together in a supportive team environment.
The helpdesk is the perfect place to get exposure to all leading internet technologies used in a service provider environment. You’ll love the challenging environment that allows motivated self-starters and eager learners to really shine and hone their skills in any areas they like.
If you love to troubleshoot, enjoy autonomy, engaging with people and being able to use your initiative to resolve issues, then this is the role for you. To help you succeed, we will provide in-house training and ongoing support to develop your skills. A keen attitude and interest in self-learning is a must!
The Role Involves:
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues for a wide range of Internet services from broadband and VOIP as well as some basic domain and hosting enquiries
- Providing 1st level telephone and email based support to customers
- Prioritizing and managing your own workflow
- Provisioning of new customers on systems and equipment
- Maintain documentation related to Voyager systems and products and services.
- Accepting payments and responding to 1st level billing queries
- Liaising with wholesale suppliers for order processing & faults queries
- Assisting customers with ordering products and services
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in a helpdesk environment
- Prior experience in ISP or web hosting industry role preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of internet technologies –broadband, routers, email, VOIP
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows OS, VoIP devices and broadband routers
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be customer focused, and have good problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- A passion for delivering awesome customer service
- A Level 6 Networking Diploma or vendor equivalent qualification would be an advantage but not essential
This is a permanent full-time role based in Wellington working 40 hours a week consisting of 5 x 8 hour shifts between the hours of 7am to 11pm, Monday to Sunday. We operate on a rotational roster so some weekend work will be required
Our Wellington office is situated right in the heart of the city, close to restaurants and cafes.
If you are looking to step up to a more challenging role in the Internet industry, and you love talking to customers and getting involved in the business of helping others then please apply .