Voyager is a leading New Zealand provider of residential and business internet services. Our services which include high speed internet access and VoIP, cloud hosting, domain names, email, websites and servers are delivered to over 40,000 Residential and Business customers nationwide.
Due to steady growth, we are expanding our network team!
With a focus on stability, reliability, and speed, Voyager will provide plenty of excitement the successful applicant.
You will need experience with the following vendors:
- Juniper Networks MX, SRX and EX hardware
- Nokia Networks SR hardware
- Fortinet FortiGate Firewalls
- Cisco Switching and ASA Firewalls
Being in a Service Provider environment, you will require knowledge and experience in the following:
- Core ISP Network Concepts
- OSPF/OSPFv3/IS-IS/Multiprotocol BGP
- Broadband Subscribers
- Firewall policies
- Service Provider switching
- IPv6 deployment and design.
- Fiber cabling and transceiver knowledge – 100m through to 100G
- Category 5/6 copper cabling
- Network design and implementation
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- New Zealand Residency, or valid permit to work in New Zealand
- At least 3 years in a Service Provider environment
- Relevant Juniper, Nokia, Fortinet certifications or proven experience in these areas.
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- Full New Zealand driver’s license
- Be willing to travel within New Zealand, and potentially International destinations (valid passport and ability to travel etc)
- Ability to work within an Agile environment
If none of these requirements scare you, and you understand the world of acronyms we live and breathe, you’re off to a great start!
We’re a team of over 90 Voyagers across our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch offices supporting a customer base of over 40,000 Residential and Business customers. We’re well established, but not boring! You’ll feel like you’re working for an innovative start-up. We take pride in our company culture and ensure its fostered by holding regular social events. To ensure our staff reap the benefits of our fantastic products, their home internet connections are thrown in for free!
How to Apply
If you’re excited by the idea of joining us in our voyage, we’d love to hear from you. Click the apply now button to send us your CV and a covering letter.
No agencies please.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?